Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Familiar Face

I have loved my time out here but I miss home.  I miss seeing long streches of nothing but fields, I miss the mountains,  I miss the people and familiar faces.  When I heard that a friend from home was coming I was so excited and I was lucky enough to get to tag along with Connie Gunnel and her brother on their vacation.  The came because Connie had just finished her masters degree and Daniel was leaving for his mission in 2 weeks so they came for a little get away, and I crashed it!  It was so good to see someone that I know, and I loved being able to catch up with Connie.

I was a loser and didn't take pictures, except like 2.


That is the Jefferson memorial in the Background.  I have still never actually been there, but I have heard that it's awesome.  I have didn't go over with Connie and Daniel because I had some pretty massive blisters on my feet.  I don't know why but I get blisters ALL the time.  No matter what shoes I wear!  It is really unfortunate.  




This is the new MLK Jr.  memorial.  It is really awesome.  It was supposed to open the weekend of the hurricane, but they had to cancel it.

We also went to Mt. Vernon and my camera battery was dead!  Mt. Vernon is probably my favorite thing that I have been to since I have been here.  We are going to try and go again this week to see it all decorated for Christmas.  I will try and take pictures.


 

1 comment:

Dustin and Connie said...

Such a fun trip!! Thanks for taking us around everywhere! Don't know what we would have done without you! Love ya!